This It's A Bird...It's A Plane...It's...CARBON! lesson plan also includes:
An interesting lesson takes pupils on a trip through the carbon cycle. A reading passage allows scholars to take notes and make choices about what happens to the carbon on its journey. This third lesson in a series of 21 discusses climate change briefly at the end.
- Offer individuals the option to write their own stories of a carbon cycling in any format they want such as PowerPoint, graphic novel, etc.
- Read about some fascinating discoveries when using carbon dating on dinosaur bones: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dinosaur-shocker-115306469/
- Requires prior knowledge of atoms and elements
- Designed for alignment to the National Science Education Standards, National Education Technology Standards, Climate Literacy Principles, and Energy Literacy Principles
- Lesson is adaptable to independent work, team work, or small group work
- Highlights new vocabulary throughout