This Isotope Rummy lesson plan also includes:
Thanks to this game, teaching isotopes will never be the same. Physical science scholars work their way toward understanding isotopes in an entertaining game. Pupils play rummy in groups while practicing good sportsmanship and creating their own definitions of what differs between isotopes and the elements shown on the periodic table.
- Discuss isotopes and their uses after students have drawn their own conclusions about what isotopes are from playing the game
- You can assess learners through their definitions of isotopes or by using the rubric provided in the teacher's guide
- Each individual needs a copy of the activity sheet; be sure to print before class
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes everything you need to execute the activity
- The game uses materials that are easy to prepare and assemble