Turn your youngsters into little editors with an exercise that focuses on some of the most basic and important writing conventions: capitalization and punctuation. Learners fix five sentences and then rewrite a sentence using correct capitalization and punctuation.
- Send this home for homework or use it as an in-class warm-up or assessment
- If you are noticing many errors in student work, use this worksheet as a refresher on these grammar musts
- Note that one of the sentences is entirely correct; learners are only asked to correct errors, but this might trip up a few individuals
- The first sentence is completed as an example and demonstrates how to note changes to make
- There is plenty of space for kids to write in edits and handwriting lines are provided for the sentence learners are meant to rewrite