What does it mean when scientists say the earth is warming? The second video in a seven-part series explains how scientists measure the temperature of the entire Earth. It links to factors that affect climate change through discussions on city sprawl and how it alters habitat.
- Find historic temperature data for your area and discuss any trends
- Learn about the methods for taking temperature on Earth versus when a satellite takes the temperature of a place on Earth
- Relies on prior knowledge of the difference in weather and climate
- Video produced by an excellent resource for future information and research
- Includes both land temperature, ocean temperature, and ocean salinity