These atoms don't believe in sharing. Introduce intrepid chemists to ionic boding using an engaging JFR Science video. Topics include ionic compounds, how the bonds form, and properties of ionic salts.
6 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- The resource makes the perfect introduction to ionic bonding with a nod to colligative properties
- Demonstrate the conductive abilities of ionic compounds with a dilly of a demo
- Pupils should be able to identify metals and non-metals on the periodic table before beginning ionic bonding
- Includes practical information, such as road salt in the winter, to beef up the lesson
- Illustrates and clearly explains the mechanism of bonding