Isn't it ionic that when atoms steal from each other, we call it bonding? A brief video explains ionic bonds, details what an ion is, how they are attracted, and the type of bond formed. The first video in a six-part series on ionic bonding.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create worksheets with additional practice problems
- Post a list of everything learned about ionic bonds, then later compare it to covalent bonds
- Relies on prior knowledge of elements, electrons, valence electrons, and bonding
- Includes cues to pause the video to solve problems before learning the solution
- Works well as an introduction in a traditional classroom or as homework in a flipped classroom