This Investigation: Water Wheel worksheet also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Middle school scientists construct a working water wheel from an aluminum pie pan. Because of the sharp edges on the cut aluminum, this activity is for mature learners only. You could have your class compete to see whose wheel can lift the most weight, or have them share maximum weights to be graphed by each individual student.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- A pertinent demonstration of hydropower as an energy source
- Addresses CCSS.Content.ELA.Literacy.RST.6-8.3 by having learners follow a step-by-step scientific procedure
- The experience is applied to real-world hydropower plants