This Investigation: Is Dilution the Solution? worksheet also includes:
Systematically diluting a full-strength sample of food coloring is meant to help earth scientists understand concentration in parts per million. While they will enjoy the lab exercise, it might be a challenge to help them relate it to the measurement of air quality.
- Reinforces the lab skills of using a pipette or eyedropper for transferring liquids
- Provides a visual of how effective dilution can be
- A strong support for meeting CCSS.ELA.Literacy.RST.6-8.3
- Pupils may need extra help in determining how diluting food coloring relates to testing air quality as the lab intends to model
- Text information is not legible on the diagram of the setup