This Investigating Transport Systems in a Flowering Plant lesson plan also includes:
Some weddings have flowers in a unique, unnatural color to match the theme. Young scientists take part in this process to learn about the function of the xylem as they observe colored water moving through a flower. Then, they experiment with mixing colors to create a flower with a different color.
- Challenge groups to create a new color through this technique
- Experiment could last from two hours to two weeks just observing the changes daily
- Follow all safety guidelines and, if necessary, cut the stems yourself
- Hands-on activity using simple materials
- Adjusts easily to middle school or high school level