This Investigating the Effect of Concentration of Blackcurrant Squash on Osmosis in Chipped Potatoes lesson plan also includes:
Model and explore osmosis using squash and potatoes. Young scientists expose chunks of potatoes to different concentrations of a squash solution. They compare the weights of the chunks before and after exposure to the solution and use the data to make conclusions.
- Give each group a different type of potato; compare the similarities and differences in the results
- Allow time to collect and prepare necessary materials
- Expects a basic understanding of the process of osmosis
- Includes a conclusion document with questions to check for understanding
- Provides a step-by-step set of procedures, making it easy to follow