This Investigating Sea Level Using Real Data interactive also includes:
The news reports on rising sea level, but how do scientists measure this rise? Scholars use NOAA data including maps, apps, and images to work through five levels of activities related to sea level. Each level in the series adds a new dimension of understanding and applying the data mathematically.
- Share recent news on rising sea levels
- Find photos of coastal areas 20 years ago versus today
- Relies on prior knowledge of climate, data collection, solving for the mean, and satellites
- Connects math and science concepts
- Encourages independent work