This Investigating Factors Affecting the Heart Rate of Daphnia lesson plan also includes:
What variables change heart rate? Young scientists observe the beating heart in Daphnia to understand these variables. They make changes in temperature, chemicals, and other factors as they graph the heart rates. Analysis questions help connect the concepts to the heart rates of other species.
- Combine class data and average it to get more accurate results
- Requires multiple healthy cultures of Daphnia and many microscopes for experiments
- Written for upper level students in a well stocked science laboratory
- Encourages hands-on exploration and analysis
- Questions rely on higher order thinking skills