This Investigating Contact Angle activity & project also includes:
Discover the properties of water-loving and water-hating surfaces. In the seventh installment of a nine-part series, scholars explore hydrophilic and hydrophobic surfaces by conducting an experiment. They observe surface coatings, investigate visibility, and observe anti-fogging properties.
- Have the class research different hydrophobic and hydrophilic surfaces and their commercial uses
- Experiment requires several repellents, which may not be readily available in your lab
- Learners need knowledge of surface tension from previous lessons
- Includes reproducible worksheets
- Teacher resource lists some safety issues to share with lab participants