This Inventions Over Time lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Explore the inventions of the past with a project on ancient tools. After reading an article about hunting during the Archaic period, the Late Prehistoric period, and the Historic period, kids fill in a cause-and-effect chart about the ways hunting inventions helped ancient civilizations to develop. An additional assignment prompts them to read about the inventions of the Post-It® Note, the telephone, and Velcro®.
- Use the project in a unit about ancient civilizations, or as a lesson about research and narrative writing
- Extend the research to include primary and secondary sources about various inventions listed in the resource
- Though the lesson is based on Texas history, you could apply it to any region with some minor changes
- Provides extension ideas and links if you'd like to provide more learning opportunities for your class