Whether its in the classroom, on the basketball court, or in the office, being able to work as part of team is essential for people of all ages and in all walks of life. Help build this important skill in your students with this collection of collaborative activities.
- Implement these activities as icebreakers during the first week or two of school
- Repeat the activities with different-sized groups, discussing how the number of people in a team affects collaboration
- When performing the Magic Carpet activity use different-sized blankets to modify the difficulty of the task
- Includes both whole-class and small-group activities
- Offers questions to discuss after completing each activity
- Activities require few materials and little preparation