This Introduction to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights lesson plan also includes:
Human rights became a global focus after decades of war, recovery from war, and uncountable war crimes committed throughout. Social studies class members discuss the Universal Declaration of Human Rights before completing an interactive activity on the human rights guaranteed to all international citizens.
- Ask class members to choose one article from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to research further
- Use in a history class after finishing a unit on World War II
- Second of two lessons in a unit on human rights
- Though the resource is designed for Australian schools, it is adaptable to any country's lesson democracy and democratic values
- Puts the language of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights into terms students can understand
- Includes interactive activities, discussion questions, a glossary, and extension activities