This Introduction to the Convention on the Rights of the Child lesson plan also includes:
The UN Conventions on the Rights of the Child (CRC) has been ratified by 196 countries so far ... and still counting! Using the first of two lessons covering the Introduction to the Convention on the Rights of the Child, scholars learn what rights the document guarantees. Finally, individuals make lists of people and groups whose rights have been violated and discuss the impact of denying someone human rights.
- Have small groups each select one CRC article to read, summarize, and illustrate for the class
- Provide a copy of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a supplemental resource
- Aligns to Common Core College and Career Readiness Standards
- Requires a copy of the CRC for each student
- Includes lesson objective, overview, and guiding questions
- Provides a convenient summary handout