This Introduction to Real Air Traffic Control—Problem Set A activity & project also includes:
Understand what it takes to control planes safely. The first lesson in a series of six introduces the class to the air traffic control situation. The pupils develop their understanding of units used in air travel, then learn how to read the sector diagram and determine spacing requirements.
- Create a large poster of the sector display
- Provide opportunities for class members to convert between miles and nautical miles and mph and knots
- The class should understand how to interpret number lines
- Includes an introductory video for teachers
- Contains answer key and explanations where necessary