How did polygons get their name? A brief video in the Socratica Geometry series explains the naming convention for polygons. Of course, this occurs after defining the term polygon.
3 Views 1 Download
- Pause the video at appropriate times to have scholars answer the questions before watching solutions
- Have the class create graphic organizers or tables distinguishing between figures that are polygons and those that are not
- It is helpful if learners have knowledge of prefixes, such as octa- and deca-
- Thorough explanations help with understanding
- Not likely to hold viewer interest