This Introduction to Osmosis lesson plan also includes:
A chicken egg is a very large cell—perfect for investigating osmosis! Scholars conduct an experiment with vinegar and eggs that helps them understand the process of osmosis. They follow the activity with an in-depth look at osmosis in both animal and plant cells.
- Incorporate as a discovery activity to help explain the concept of osmosis
- Expects a basic understanding of the components of cells
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up
- Adaptable to different levels of pupils
- Provides information for obtaining a key that is not available to students