This Introduction to Mass vs. Weight video also includes:
A science lesson from the International Space Station is sure to be a hit. The video explains mass versus weight and the impact gravity has, or doesn't have, on each. The included worksheet encourages space scientists to research what it takes to become an astronaut.
- Have a prize for the person who can find the most unusual or unrelated degree earned by an astronaut who has worked on the ISS
- Instruct students to calculate their weight on Earth, Mars, and ISS; be sure to keep this information private and only use it as a science lesson
- Extend the learning opportunity and have pupils use clues in the video to find out when this could have been filmed; fresh fruits and vegetables only last two to three days in orbit; the onion is typically shipped from Russia, while the apple is typically shipped from the US
- Video is short, but many opportunities for practice and extensions are available
- Multicultural in that each of the three featured astronauts are from different countries
- Video is fun and engaging