This Introduction to Energy lesson plan also includes:
Transform the classroom with energy. Pupils learn about different types of energy and practice identifying the types in the first lesson of six in a solar versus wind energy unit. The class sees examples of how one type of energy can be transformed to another and identify the types of transformations shown in diagrams. The scholars work in pairs to experience the transformation of energy at several hands-on stations.
- Research the different types of energy discussed during the lesson
- Requires no prior knowledge of energy transformations
- Involves two setups of eight different stations
- Includes two simulations as additional resources
- Provides a list of key vocabulary