What does the government do, exactly? Scholars investigate the many roles government plays in the everyday lives of Americans. The short video clip leads to open discussion of the functions of government and politics in the United States.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Brainstorm what students already think the government does for them before viewing the video
- Create a series of five key questions for viewers to answer during the clip
- Invite a local member of the government to speak to the class on what they do for the community
- Requires audio and visual technology
- Resource uses animation to provide differentiation for instruction
- Introduces key questions usable for post-video discussion and reflection