This Into the Atom, Part 4: The Atom Splits instructional video also includes:
Scientific discord is part of the road to new discoveries. Scholars learn how scientists challenge each other to prove and explain their conclusions in the final lesson of the four-part series Into the Atom. The video lesson explains the events that led to the discovery that a neutron can split an atom.
- Use to introduce historical science discoveries about the atom
- Following the lesson, have pupils research current implications of splitting atoms
- Expects a solid understanding of subatomic particles
- Supplements the concepts with actual correspondence between scientists at the time
- Shows animations and images to support the concepts