This Into the Atom, Part 2: The Atom’s First Pieces video also includes:
Could electrons really be as small as the numbers suggest? This is the hurdle for the initial study of electrical properties of elements. Learners view a video to follow the history of the science that led to the discovery of the parts of the atom.
- Use as an introduction to a unit on the periodic table
- Second installment of the consecutive four-part series Into the Atom
- Expects a strong understanding of the components of the atom
- Highlights key scientific vocabulary throughout
- Images and animations help to clarify information