This Into Africa and Wole Soyinka: Crash Course Theater #49 video also includes:
There are two distinct periods of African theater: BC (before colonialism) and AC (after colonialism). The 49th installment of the Crash Course Theater and Drama introduces viewers to African dance and theater traditions. However, they soon learn that multiple languages during pre-colonial times and colonial policies contributed to the loss of much African theater before colonialism.
- Invite a guest or watch an instructional video to teach an African dance
- Study various African traditions to gain a better understanding of the culture
- Shows African dancers in minimal clothing
- Gives clear definitions and descriptions of drama types
- Offers drawings and photographs to better connect viewers to the topic