This Interpreting Figurative Language and Answering Selected Response Questions lesson plan also includes:
To prepare for an assessment of how well individuals are progressing with their ability to identify and analyze figurative language and its effect on tone and meaning, pairs work through Chapter Four of Christopher Paul Curtis' depression-era novel, Bud, Not Buddy and practice the strategies outlined and modeled in the lesson plan.
- After pairs share their responses, conduct a full-class discussion of the strategies individuals used to respond to the questions
- The fourth in a 12-session unit
- The lessons are progressive and designed to be used in order
- The detailed plan includes strategies readers can use to respond to questions
- The answer key for the assessment is incomplete