This Interpreting Expected Value lesson plan also includes:
Investigate expected value as a long-run average. The eighth installment of a 21-part module has scholars rolling pairs of dice to determine the average sum. They find aggregate data by working in groups and interpret expected value as the long-run average of a random variable.
- Have the class work in mixed-ability groups
- Builds on the previous lesson, so learners need to be able to calculate expected value
- Activity requires a pair of dice for each pupil or group of pupils
- Worksheets have tables for individuals to record data
- Includes answer key with solutions for all parts of the lesson