Have you ever wondered if those in power actually consider the interests of their constituents? The 42nd video clip in a 50-part series on the United States government and politics introduces the concept of special interest groups. Scholars investigate the impact such groups have on the decisions lawmakers make every day. Open discussion and thought create the question of whether special interest groups actually help or hurt the American government.
- Incorporate an additional short video on the purpose of special interest groups in politics
- Create a series of questions for viewers to answer while students view the video
- Requires online technology if assigning the video as a homework assignment outside of class
- Incorporates a thought bubble that animates the key concept
- Uses humor and primary source quotes to differentiate instruction for audio learners