Teachers around the nation are a part of a special interest group, through the NEA union, that fights in Washington DC for better education. Scholars investigate reasons interest groups, like the NEA, form. A short video, the 43rd of a 50-part series, creates open thought and discussion on the power of interest groups and their roles in American policy and lawmaking.
- Come up with a series of questions for viewers to answer during the video
- Extend the lesson with research on the formation of interest groups in America
- Requires online technology if students view the video outside of class
- Includes humor and animation to differentiate instruction
- Lesson cites primary sources for further research and investigation