Curated and Reviewed by Lesson Planet
This Integrating Blood Done Sign My Name into Social Studies unit plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Primary Source
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Tim Tyson's Blood Done Sign My Name is the anchor text in a unit study of the history of race relations and the civil rights struggle in the South. The 11 lessons are richly detailed, and the unit deserves a space in your curriculum library.
121 Views 76 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Extend the study by challenging individuals or groups to further research the topics listed on the last page of the resource
- Requires a class set of Tim Tyson's Blood Done Sign My Name
- The resource comes with the caution that lessons "require a classroom where controversial topics can be safely addressed"
- Although specifically designed for North Carolina schools, the unit may be used in any classroom
- The eighty-page packet includes detailed plans, worksheets, images, activities, exercises, and a chapter-by-chapter list of topics for further research