This Inscribed Similar Triangles: Lesson video also includes:
Create similar triangles with a little altitude. A section of an extensive playlist on basic geometry discusses how an altitude of a right triangle creates similar triangles. Using the theorem, the presentation finds unknown side measurements.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have struggling learners split apart the three similar triangles and place them in the same orientation
- Develop a proof showing that all three triangles formed are similar
- Individuals should be able to solve simple quadratic equations
- Uses a graphic organizer to help keep the measurements straight
- Links to more resources to help with further understanding