This Industrial Knowledge of Acids and Bases lesson plan also includes:
Over a 10-year period, EPA regulations cost businesses less than $30 billion, while businesses saved over $82 billion. Scholars experiment with acids and bases to better understand the pH scale. Then they debate environmental regulation and the impact on businesses and communities.
- Test soap and essential oils and discuss the efficiency of both as cleaners
- Assumes prior knowledge of the structure of matter, bonding, and types of chemical reactions
- Be aware of any allergies and use gloves when handling food and chemicals
- Provides lecture notes in both English and Spanish
- Includes a multiple-choice assessment