Indigenous people around the world have close ties to their land, their ancestors, and their traditions. Celebrate the native inhabitants of our nations in August (and/or October) by learning more about the holiday and its origin.
6 Views 8 Downloads
- Use the question at the end of the video as a prompt for a research project
- For older students, begin a discussion and/or debate about celebrating Indigenous Peoples' Day instead of Columbus Day
- Notes native populations around the world, but focuses on North America
- Viewing state standards requires signing up for a free account
- Provides closed captions for easy viewing
- Short length makes the video versatile for classroom use