This Increasing Night Life of Mammals - De-Natured video also includes:
How do animals avoid predators, including humans, if they can't move to a new habitat? The third video in a four-part series explains a recently published article on the topic of adaptations. Many mammals shift their schedules to a more nocturnal one to avoid humans, but the debate on whether the adaptation is a positive shift continues.
- Have the class interview a local wildlife expert about changing habits of local mammals
- Share the full text of the discussed article
- Relies on prior knowledge of nocturnal animals, humans' impact on the environment, and adaptations
- Highlights new vocabulary words
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired