Fossil Lake, Wyoming contains the most complete representation of early Eocene life in the world. The first of three videos on location at Fossil Lake discusses the process of finding fossils. It introduces the tools and methods used to find fish and other exciting fossils.
- Discuss why only the 18-inch layer has fossils when the lake existed for 15 million years
- Research if there are any places near you for fossil hunting, or fishing as the case may be
- Assumes prior knowledge about fossils, how fossils form, and paleontologists
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides subtitles in Chinese, Czech, English, and Spanish
- Allows a glimpse into paleontology in an accessible way