What happens if you build a skyscraper so tall it breaks the laws of physics? This hypothetical scenario leads to an interesting discussion of Newtonian forces and the imaginary forces that explain them. As part of a larger series on physics, the video explains the issues with centrifugal forces.
- Review the differences between centripetal forces and centrifugal forces before sharing the video
- Relies on prior understanding of gravity and orbits
- Avoid displaying the comment section as it is open to the public and not always appropriate
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights vocabulary throughout
- Connects science fiction, math, geography, and science
- Provides closed captioning in English, Korean, and Spanish for ELLs