This Identity Self-Portraits activity & project also includes:
What symbols represent you best? Individuals consider how they would draw peers using symbols about their identities with an interview and art activity. After conducting interviews and portraits, the art makes a great centerpiece for discussion or to showcase the class to the school community.
- Have class members interview each other to develop identity portraits of partners in class
- Create identity portraits using symbols that demonstrate what is important to each classmate
- Pupils must have art materials to create the portraits
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activities build community and understanding
- Checklists and rubrics help keep the project on track