Viewers learn to recognize the several representations of multiplication with a video that provides examples of simplifying a numerical expression where the multiplication is written in different ways. The presenter provides a helpful hint to identify multiplication within a series of operations.
- Use the video with individuals that are struggling with simplifying long numerical expressions
- Have individuals write a numerical expression involving several operations, then ask them to verbally identify each of the operations
- Pupils need to know how to operate with integers
- The resource writes out the different ways that pupils can express multiplication, which is great for visual learners to see them rather than simply hear them on the video
- The video has closed captioning, which helps pupils follow along