This Ice Cream assessment also includes:
Make sure there is enough ice cream on hand. Learners try to find out how much ice cream to buy for a sports event. Scholars use a pie chart showing the percent of a sample of people who like different flavors of ice cream. Using the percentages, individuals calculate the number of tubs of ice cream to buy and then determine the profit they expect.
- Challenge scholars to come up with percentages that allows for no rounding of numbers of cartons of ice cream
- Requires knowledge of percent
- Uses British spellings and money
- Provides ways that pupils may approach the task
- Includes sample responses with commentary