Think of current acoustic levitator technology as a hover board for tiny things! Introduce young physicists to this emerging gadget using a video from an informative playlist touching on physics topics. Viewers watch as Physics Girl and her assistants build and test a small acoustic levitator. The narrator also explains how the levitator works and how it compares to magnetic levitators.
- Order an acoustic levitator kit and have pupils try it out for themselves
- Make the video the grand finale of a sound unit
- Some knowledge of waves and how they interact is helpful for understanding how the levitator works
- Standing wave demonstrations and explanations are spot-on
- The video makes a good guide for constructing an acoustic levitator, as it includes helpful tips