This Hyperbolas interactive also includes:
Hyperbolas—practice thinking outside of the box. Pupils alter the end behavior box to create various graphs of hyperbolas. They determine formulas to find the distance from the origin to the foci. Using that information, scholars determine the equation of a general hyperbola centered at the origin.
- Compare the discussion question responses from the class and find the most efficient method to find the equation
- Have students create a graphic that displays all the aspects of a hyperbola and how to calculate the measurements
- Requires the user to register for a free CK-12 account
- Individuals should know the definition of a hyperbola
- Provides the opportunity for users to view the correct answer if they need
- The additional material contains a problem set