This Hydroxide Precipitates interactive also includes:
When two liquids combine and a solid forms, the new substance is called a precipitate. Scholars test their knowledge of hydroxide precipitates and their properties. A series of four increasingly difficult puzzles challenge their logic and content mastery.
- Use as a review of the hydroxide precipitates of aqueous metal ions
- Includes only limited instructions, so ensure all pupils understand how to complete the puzzles before assigning
- Relies on prior knowledge of metal ions, their formulas, the color of precipitate, and the precipitate formed
- Offers online, timed version and a paper version depending on the needs of your learners
- Reviews metal ion names and formulas as part of the activity to reinforce the content