This Hurricanes interactive also includes:
Here's a hurricane lesson that's sure to catch your eye! Pupils learn about the unique balance of conditions required to form one of nature's most destructive forces. The interactive illustrates how hurricanes form, grow, and affect nature and humans alike. Activities include a study of the most destructive hurricanes, a comparison of landscapes before and after hurricanes, and a tool to compare hurricane categories.
- Compare the damage caused by hurricanes to damage from thunderstorms and tornados
- Invite class members that have been through a hurricane to share their experience with the class
- Print the resource to allow learners more time with the text and data elements
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource covers all aspects of hurricanes and presents the material in simple terms
- Includes all printable materials for each activity