This Hurricanes: An Environmental Concern lesson plan also includes:
Hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones are the same type of storm, but their names change based on where they happen. Scholars use a computer simulation to learn about hurricanes. Then they hypothesize ideas to prevent hurricanes and the loss of property that come with them.
- Bring in an expert from FEMA to discuss hurricane damage
- Research current hurricane prevention or warning systems throughout the world
- Ensure you are familiar with the website before having the class uses it, as it is not intuitive
- The last lesson in a series of five
- Includes differentiation strategies
- Does not include any hands-on activities