This Hurricane Katrina handout & reference also includes:
Young scientists track Hurricane Katrina across the Atlantic Ocean as they learn about these destructive forces of nature. Provided with a table of data tracking the location and conditions of Katrina over a one week span, learners plot its movement on the included map before answering a series of short-response questions.
- Include this activity during a weather unit in a middle or high school earth science class
- Read through the informational text in small groups, having students share any questions or comments that arise during a whole group discussion
- Supplement this activity into a lesson series comparing and contrasting different types of severe weather
- Worksheet is available as an editable Word document
- An informational reading passage is included that provides learners with background knowledge of hurricanes