This Hurricane Force activity & project also includes:
It's important to make sure houses can withstand winds. A hands-on activity has learners create a structure out of household materials. They use a fan to simulate hurricane-force winds to see if their structures can withstand the pressure from them.
- Have a structural engineer or architect give a talk to the class
- Activity requires a box fan
- Requires some other basic materials; see the resource for a complete list
- Provides links for additional information
- Lists very detailed procedures