Put those observation skills to the test with a fun physical science video about the properties of matter. Using an example of stackable blocks, the video prompts learners to find the length, width, height, and volume of an object, as well as making less precise observations about its mass in relation to other objects.
- Bring in blocks or other objects for learners to observe and compare, noting their physical characteristics as well as their measurements
- Assign the video for homework before your lesson on measurement for a flipped classroom activity
- Begins with a short advertisement that you cannot skip
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The host is friendly and engaging
- Provides a helpful concluding statement to summarize the video
- Video is short (just under four minutes) so it would fit into a lecture of any length