Humans did not evolve from monkeys or chimpanzees—so what does our evolution look like? A video explains the evolution of humans from a common ancestor to homo sapiens. It describes the many branches on our family tree as well as the development of tools and social hierarchy. To cover all bases, it includes discussion of Australopithecus, homo habilis, and homo erectus.
- Create a timeline of tools and technology development
- Relies on prior knowledge of evolution of animals and plants
- Evolution debates often contain language not appropriate for the classroom, so avoid the comment section
- Includes subtitles in 10 languages for ease of note taking
- Addresses common misconceptions
- Entertaining graphics keep viewers focused