As the rates of skin cancer rise to become the most common type of cancer in the United States, scientists directly relate sunscreen usage to skin cancer prevention. Doctors research exactly how ultraviolet light changes cells. Viewers of the installment from a larger Veritasium playlist learn the direct relationship between ultraviolet light, skin cancer, and aging.
- Go into more detail about UVA, UVB, and UVC waves
- Compare various sunscreens and discuss the importance of them as not only a cancer preventative, but also as anti-aging cream
- Relies on prior knowledge of cancer, the physical process of aging on appearance, and the light spectrum
- Includes important information everyone needs to understand
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired